Indian is known as Land Of Spices. But Did You Know, India is second largest producer of fruits in the world? I think NO.
Indian climate ranges from Himalayan to Tropical from wet to dry and thats why India is producingvaried range of fruits that are cultivated and grown. Below, you will get to know 5 rare Indian fruits which are grown in the valleys of India.
Fruits, the great source of vitamins and essential minerals, are come loaded with health-improving antioxidants such as flavonoids. They are the most important part of a healthy and balanced diet. By including fruits in your diet, you can keep yourself away from various health conditions for instance, diabetes, inflammation, heart disease, and cancer.
The most powerful fruits for preventing disease are citrus fruits and berries. India is one of the largest producers of fruits that have a large variety of exotic yet delicious fruits. Some most common fruits are banana, mango, papaya, and other citrus varieties. However, there are so many lesser-known fruits in India that offer a host of health benefits. Let’s have a look at these rare fruits: –
#1 Star Fruit
Star fruit, also known as carambola, is a fruit which is usually grown across India. It is loaded with vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants. This fruit helps to improve heart health and respiratory health, and boost immunity. The medium-sized fruit with weight contains many nutrients: –
- 2.5g of fiber,
- 1g of protein,
- 6.1g of carbohydrates,
- and 28 calories.
By including it in your diet, you can get numerous benefits like
- Help you lower the risk of cardiac arrests and strokes
- Clean your body toxins and prevent inflammation
- Good for maximum hair growth
- Keep your blood sugar and insulin level lower
- Boost metabolism and maintain an ideal weight
Mangosteen is a tropical fruit that has been referred as the Food of Gods and Queen of Fruits. It is a seasonal fruit with a shorter shelf. Being low in calorie, this fruit is full of nutrients such as
Comes loaded with antioxidant properties, this fruit helps in
- Maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- Boost your immune system & protect yourself against any infection
- Regulate menstrual cycles in women
- Control blood pressure and improve heart health
- Prevent the signs of aging & wrinkles
Langsat or lotka is an orb-shaped, translucent and small fruit that is usually found in a few regions of South and East India. It is sweet in taste when ripe. This fruit is used in making candies. If we talk about Duku, it is good for preparing pickles. Being nutritionally rich fruit, it contains numerous vital elements, for instance
- Vitamin A
- Dietary Fiber
This juicy tropical fruit offers numerous health benefits. Let’s check out what are these benefits: –
- Enhances RBC production in the blood that helps in overall body growth
- Aids to maintain healthy skin, teeth, eyes, and tissues.
- Come with anti-spasmodic properties, it helps to treat diarrhea and dysentery.
- Helps to treat flatulence, ulcers, swellings, and gastrointestinal colic
- Stay away yourself from various skin problems like itching, acne, and rashes.
- Reduce cold and flu symptoms
- Treat digestive tract problems
#4 Elephant Apple
Elephant apple or Chalta is one of the most popular fruits that grow usually in the wilderness of South-east Asia including Thailand, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and India. It contains numerous vital nutrients, for instance,
- Amino Acids
- Healthy fats
The fruit contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help to improve various health conditions, for instance,
- Regularize high blood pressure
- Maintain immune system
- Fight against skin aging
- Keep your energy levels high
- Treat stomach-related problems like stomach torment and loose bowels
#5 Tadgola/Ice Apple
Tadgolas/ice apples are usually found all over the coastal regions of India during summer season. It is a juicy and fleshy fruit of the sugar palm tree that is pale white in color. Being healthy, it is most suitable for all age group people. However, it is a low-calorie fruit, but it is full of various nutrients like
This fruit possesses anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-oxidant, and anti-hyperlipidemic properties. Let’s have a look upon its health benefits.
- Regulate your body temperature during summer season
- Balance fluid and electrolyte in your body
- Boost your energy level
- Cleanse toxins and treat liver problems
- Shed your excessive weight from the body
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, cancer, heart disease, and arterial clotting.
To sum up, all of these fruits are rare fruits of India that you must try once in your lifetime and enjoy a lot of health benefits. They are full of nutrients and grown in specific parts of the country.